DB2 11.1 Advanced Schulung:
Perform basic database administrative tasks using DB2
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Perform advanced monitoring using the Db2 administrative views and routines in SQL queries.
- Manage the disk space assigned in Database Managed Storage (DMS) and Automatic Storage table spaces, including the activities of the rebalancer.
- Use SQL queries and Db2 commands to check the high water mark on table spaces and to monitor the rebalance operation.
- Utilize the REBUILD option of RESTORE, which can build a database copy with a subset of the tablespaces using database or tablespace backup images.
- Plan and execute the TRANSPORT option of RESTORE to copy schemas of objects between two Db2 databases.
- Create incremental database or tablespace level backups to reduce backup processing and backup image storage requirements.
- Implement automatic storage management for table spaces and storage groups or enable automatic resize options for DMS managed table spaces to reduce administration requirements and complexity.
- Describe the various types of database memory including buffer pools, sort memory, lock memory and utility processing memory.
- Adjust database or Db2 instance configuration options to improve application performance or processing efficiency.
- Implement Db2 Self Tuning Memory management for specific database memory areas.