High availability environment applications
The Veritas Cluster Server 6.0 for Windows: Administration course is designed for the IT professional responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining VCS clusters. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to use Veritas Cluster Server to manage applications in a high availability environment. After gaining the fundamental skills that are needed to manage a highly available application in a cluster, you deploy VCS in a lab environment to implement a sample cluster design. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Manage highly available application services by using VCS.
- Install VCS and create a cluster.
- Configure service groups and resources.
- Implement and verify failover and failback capability for application, storage, and network services.
- Configure and optimize cluster behavior.
- Protect data in a shared storage environment.
- Configure VCS to manage SQL Server, Exchange Server, and other applications.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and correct cluster problems.
- Configure service group dependencies and failover policies.