Veritas NetBackup Differences Schulung:
Understanding of the new features delivered in recent releases
The Veritas NetBackup 7.7: Differences 7.6.1 to 7.7.2 course is designed for NetBackup customers that are considering upgrading or have upgraded their NetBackup environments, and require an understanding of the new features delivered in recent releases. This course specifically covers features introduced or changed in versions 7.7, 7.7.1 and 7.7.2. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the new and enhanced release features, release categories, release resources, identify release support information and describe the release installation and upgrade requirements.
- Describe the enhancements to the NetBackup Administration console by performing common tasks such as configuration, operations and monitoring.
- Configure and monitor SQL Server backup jobs using Intelligent Policies, and protect SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Describe how NetBackup supports new features in Oracle 12c such as Pluggable Databases, describe enhancements to NetBackup for Oracle interfaces and perform Oracle multistream restores for proxy backups
- Configure increased storage capabilities with the RHEL Linux 96 TB MSDP Storage feature.
- Identify the virtualization improvements such as VMware Accelerator Chargeback reporting, VMware Extended Attributes, VMware Backup and Restore Reliability and VMware Tags.
- Configure intelligent policies for Hyper-V
- Describe FIPS certified encryption in NetBackup, configure NetBackup with access control using auth.conf and Enhanced Auditing, and audit NetBackup using auditing and Enhanced Auditing
- Describe how nbtar is a replacement for tar for Import/Verify operations on UNIX only media servers and to configure new logging features such as continuous logging of critical processes and NetBackup log pruning