Solaris Performance Management Schulung:
Leistungsmessung und Optimierung von Solaris
The Oracle Solaris 10 Performance Management course introduces students to performance tuning principles, monitoring utilities and tuning tools for the Oracle Solaris 10 Operating System (Oracle Solaris 10 OS). The course includes a review of Solaris subsystems and the utilities provided to monitor system efficiency including kstat, sar, vmstat, iostat, netstat, mpstat, nfsstat, ps, prstat, pmap, the proc tools, truss, dtrace, the DTrace Toolkit, cpustat, cputrack, swap, lockstat, and mdb. This revision also includes a section on resource management using zones and pools, as well as content related to Solaris Studio tools. The course format is divided into three major sections: tools, OS theory, and strategy and actions.
The Oracle Solaris 10 Performance Management course includes practices to reinforce skills development. The Practices will be of two types:
1. Learning and practice using the monitoring and configuration tools.
2. Problem solving practices where the student will have to determine the cause of a performance problem or figure out a way to measure the load on a subsystem.
- Identify ways to measure or load subsystems
- Configure resource management with zones and pools
- Use system monitoring tools including DTrace
- Determine the cause of system performance issues
- Use system configuration tools